• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear discs on dana 44 problem I'm having...

xjfrank

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i've been running cadillac el dorada calips/rotors on the back for a good while.

I just finished bolting together a eb44 front and to make the rear 5x5.5 I went out and obtained a pair of new superior chromo rear shafts. My problem is that the diameter of the flange through which the wheel studs were pressed is slightly larger than the inner diameter of the rotors hub area, and because they are chromo I haven't yet found a shop that might lathe some off the outer edge (not sure if you can turn chromo, I'm not pretending to be a machinist).

So, I need options. I'm hoping that someone has been here before. Anyone gone f&r 44s run into this? Anyone running a conversion in the rear (explorer, whatever) that has an inner diameter on the rotor hub that will fit Superior shafts?

Because I am aiming at a 5x5.5 bp is anyone familiar with a 5x5.5 rotor that might fit caddy calipers?

Drum options?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

I used to have a TSM setup on the rear that used caddy calipers. TSM says that they buy GM blank calipers and drill them to 5 on 5.5 (I was using a scout axle at the time). So TSM will have them available, but maybe kindof pricy. I remember reading on pirate or somewhere about using Zuki rotors for 5 on 5.5 and gm calipers, i think...

The only thing I can add is that the scout 44 I am using has the TSM rotors too.

I have mine adapted to 5x4.5 using spacers, so no help to you there.

Calling TSM would be your best bet.

Fergie

A set of front CJ rotors is your best bet, but the offset may be less than you need. Worth a try, and they are cheap.

I run GM 1/2 ton extended cab rotors, but I'm 6 lug.

Back