• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Swaybar Torx bolt removal????

Brady's XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The torx bolts that are pressed into place on front swaybar mount?? Any help in how to remove those to install the RE 4.5" Gen2 Discos?? Cut em I guess?

Let me know if you have any help.
Thanks

Okie Terry said:
Cut, then air hammer.

My method of attack was the same. As well as heat. werked gud.

air chisel and air hammer got em out

what bolt

Thanks y'all. I'm goin out there this morning to try the Rock Lizard method. If that doesn't work......let the torching begin.

Just a note for those with older xj's. On my 89 the torx bolt was not splined. It was just a torx bolt and a 18mm nut. I was able to get one off by putting a vice grip plyer on the torx end and an 18mm socket with a breaker bar on the other side.

The other side is being a little tougher. Not quite sure how I am going to get that one off. I do not want to buy a T60 or whatever it is.

katarn

Another note, I only had a big pitman arm remover and it seemed to be too big, so I tried using my cheapo 3 jaw puller to get it out. The puller snapped in half. I went to get a smaller pitman arm remover and it worked just like the Rock Lizard writeup.

Back