• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf mounts in front

350xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a full chevy drivetrain (350 and 1/2 ton, soon to be 3/4 with any luck) in my 89 2dr and had a qestion about the leaf mountings. I found out that if you use the lower radius arm mounts you can wedge the 1/2 ton leafs in there and make a new mount for front of the leafs. Has anyone done this or does anyone think that I shouldn't? I'd try to send a picture of what I'm talking about but I don't think I can send pics until I've been on here for a while. If anyone wants pics of what I'm talking about just send me your e-mail and I'll give em to ya.
Thanks!

DCP_7591.jpg

purdy looking exhaust...

Hehe! Thanks. But it doesn't look that perdy anymore. Now it's all nasty looking, but with more in rfont of it. I now have V8 power instead of a noisy 4.2 with perdy exhaust.

IdahoEagle said:
Hehe! Thanks. But it doesn't look that perdy anymore. Now it's all nasty looking, but with more in rfont of it. I now have V8 power instead of a noisy 4.2 with perdy exhaust.

what application is that?

i wanted to guess Sami, but thoes are Pass drop...
so that leaves Ford and Jeep -
and that frame looks nothing like any YJ/TJ/CJ frame i have ever seen, so im going to have to go Bronco II

eh?

Thanks IdahoEagle and XJ ranger for the links and everyone else. I'm probably going to build the ones that the commanche had on it and then use some large shackles for the extra height (custom build of couse :). Couldn't do it without you guys! I'm going to do the hydro-stear as well, when I get the money. Can't beat it for under $100. Does anyone know what the technical aspects of that are? I don't know much about hydrolic steering so I was just wondering if there was anything particularly that I should know.
Any ideas on the rear? I've got the 1/2 ton leafs and original shocks (being replaced soon) does anyone think I should do anything different or should I leave it like that until I have more money?
Thanks again!

Back