• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window track and door panels...

EljayK004

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2000 Cherokee Sport with power windows, mirrors, locks, and Agate interior and the driver window broke. I suspect it's a problem with the track(the window dropped about 3-5 inches and is now being held up with a vice grip). The dealer said that the "regulator" on Cherokees blow up all the time and it's $105. I also broke the nub that holds the lock cable to the door panel when I put the vice grip in there. My plan was to go to the local junkyard and get the entire track and a door panel. My questions are what year tracks fit? Also, what year door panels will match?

Thanks for all the help
Johnny K

EljayK004 said:
I've got a 2000 Cherokee Sport with power windows, mirrors, locks, and Agate interior and the driver window broke. I suspect it's a problem with the track(the window dropped about 3-5 inches and is now being held up with a vice grip). The dealer said that the "regulator" on Cherokees blow up all the time and it's $105. I also broke the nub that holds the lock cable to the door panel when I put the vice grip in there. My plan was to go to the local junkyard and get the entire track and a door panel. My questions are what year tracks fit? Also, what year door panels will match?

Thanks for all the help
Johnny K
97-01 on the regulator...door panel will depend on your trim package but, should be the same years.

There is an improved, more durable regulator that came out to fix the crappy/cheezy original design. You might be better off buying a new regulator of this type than going to a junkyard, where the old style is likely to be found. That old style will break eventually again.........

The one the dealership sells is an improved version? If that's the case I'll go and shell out the 100 bucks. I went to a scrap yard yesterday and there wasn't a single one there, so these things must be in high demand.

Fixed mine on my '98 today. Broke over the weekend while away camping.

It's a stupid design - there's just a little plastic piece that attaches the bracket that holds the glass to the transport snake.

I put a screw through the bracket and welded it to the end of the transport snake, replacing the little plastic retainer thing that broke.

The plastic tab style was replaced with the metal style in early 2000. Most '00 model XJ's and all '01s came with the stronger metal tab. The replacement regs from the dealership all have the metal tabs.

Back