• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken lockright

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
What would cause a lockright to be a full time spool instead of a locker. I was doing cookies in a field and it made quite a few loup pops, I drove home and everytime I would turn it would pop extremely loud. I let it sit for 1 day and now it is completely locked on all the time. :rattle:

:lecture: Pull it apart and try to visualize what is wrong when you figure it out post what carnage you found.

Mine never got stuck locked but man it sure would pop. When I pulled it apart the teeth were rounded off. The popping was so bad I could barely drive it down the street.

My lockright in my 8.25 locked up into a spool. turns out that the pins broke and locked the case out so that it was fully engaged all the time. called lockright said that it sometimes happens when extreme torque or shockload are applied and they send me a new set of springs and pins for free.

Pete

PeterBuilt said:
My lockright in my 8.25 locked up into a spool. turns out that the pins broke and locked the case out so that it was fully engaged all the time. called lockright said that it sometimes happens when extreme torque or shockload are applied and they send me a new set of springs and pins for free.

Pete

thats what i'm thinkin. sheared a few pins and it's jammed now.

Man that's pretty crappy that a lockright can't hold up in a Dana 44 with 33inch BFG Mud's. I have hardley been driving it a year, my stock limited slip Dana 35 differential lasted me 5 years with a thousand times more abuse before it exploded. Well I live in a apartment so I can't just pull it apart until I have all the parts I need and am at a friends house. I will pull it apart next weekend and make it a open dif again until I get the parts to fix it. I might just leave the lockright out, that thing is a hunk of junk and waste of money. It's loud and weak , the ARB in the front end is enough until the snow comes! I will let you guys know what broke...Thanks

Back