• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy Control Arms need some help! *PICS*

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well I had some Adj Lower Control Arms and my coil was actually "S"ng bacwards so the post would rub, then on flex it would rest on the coil, and on compression it would snap off. So anyways, I bought some temporary Nth* arms for the uppers, to get me through winter. Well I toss them on at stock length. Now I found a chart that has A good start on what your measurements should be for arms. So my lowers were a tad long (I have 4"), and my length was for a rig with 4.5" and my uppers i adjusted and measured both be appropriate for the height I was at. Here is the issue, my drivers coil has hardly adjusted, it still sits pretty far back...not rubbing but almost. Also if I hit a bump, my drivers side sounds almost like I am bottoming something out, or hitting something solid. Any ideas??

Passenger Side
PassengerCoil.jpg

passenger1.jpg

Front (see how I am a little slanted towards my drivers side)
Crooked.jpg

Drivers Side (Messed Up Side)

Bent2.jpg

Bent.jpg

Seating.jpg

Seating
Drivers.jpg

And like I said, all the measurements on uppers are the same, and ditto on the lowers.

bushing wear?

Hm...

If after you properly adjusted it and it still sits crooked, then it might be that you warped the spring altogether, or that it's just not seating properly.

As for the sounds from the drivers side, check and re-check to make sure you just aren't knocking parts together somehow. It could be a blown shock, too. If you have wheel hop or something that kind of feels like one-sided death wobble, check your shock. I know I've heard of people blowing shocks and it causes almost the exact feeling: wheel hop, small vibes, and when you hit something it feels like you have no shock at all - just an impact.

Hope that helps...

What springs are they? they appear to be 1/2" material. also I noticed the bottom of the spring is not attached tothe perch corrrectly, that will cause a bow in the coil

I am pretty sure the shocks are fine. I can go over bumps and pot holes at any speed and it feels fine. But if I hit a speed bump where both front wheels hit then I feel the harsh knock.

As for the coils they are rustys 3". I am saving later for the RE ZJ 4.5" coils with spacer and then new leafs in the rear. Ill try to re-seat that coil today if nothing, I hope I didnt warp the coil.

leaves of differeing lift heights are the cause of my lean to one side...

and i know for a fact that my CA lengths arent the same...

Back