• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatman 3-link on D30?

Zebaru

NAXJA Member #938
So will a D30 handle a Goatman style 3-link?

I need to replace the passenger upper mount on my D30, and would like to raise the lower mounts, so a 3-link like Goatman's looks like the perfect solution (if it won't rip my D30 apart).

Travis

id look into a truss while you have the axle out and are welding to it...

make sure to weld a few inches, then let it cool, then weld a few more, then let it cool so you dont warp anything, but a truss to prevent axle tube breakeage after you put all that work and time into a custom linkage wouldnt be a bad idea...

I have been running a three link for over a year now and it works fine. Just use the upper mount on the drivers side but be aware that your upper front control arm bushing is going to wear out alot faster!! Three links flex great.

jeepboy381 said:
I have been running a three link for over a year now and it works fine. Just use the upper mount on the drivers side but be aware that your upper front control arm bushing is going to wear out alot faster!! Three links flex great.

got any pics??

im running Rock Krawlers 2nd gen well 3rd gen long arm on my dana 30 which is a 3 link up front and it is the most amazing thing ive ever seen. but in reguards to your question ive wheeled it very hard this summer at least twice a week and its been great to me. I think it will hold up fine. If i knew how to upload pics id take some of the set up and post them but for some reason i cant post, maybe im doing something wrong. I think im going to wash my jeep tomorrow so if you give me your email i could take some picks and send them to you tomorrow maybe tonight if i get done wheeling and have some time before the giants game to wash my jeep. hope this helped.

Back