• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/ccompressor

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 93 xj 4.0. and im trying to use some a/c hoses off a 95. will they fit my compressor though. if i take off those 2 adapter pieces that are on it. are both ports the same size? because one hose fitting is smaller than the other and from what i can see both ports on the compresser look about that same size.

Do you have a compressor that was originally intended for R12? If so and you are using R134a style hoses they won't fit. But you can get a little adapter at NAPA and its a standard item. the high side should be a different size than the low side. You need adapters for low and high side, R12 compressor to R134a hose I believe.

yeah it is an r12 compressor. so napa stocks those lil adapter things? yea so the r12 model has the same size ports, and the newer r134a has ones like these correct. one larger than the other.
2295.jpg

so i just need those adapters to fit them.

Back