• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Everythings loose, door panel STILL won't come off.....

Runnin'OnEmpty

NAXJA Forum User
It's a 96 2-door, and I'm removing the door panels to tint the windows. I've got everything loose, but the panel won't come off when lifting up. Does it have to slide one way or the other, before lifting up?

All the searches I read say to just lift up on the panel to clear the attachment lip, but mine is as solid as ever when I lift up, and I don't want to break anything......?

Thanks,
ROE

I am assuming it's the same as a four door Cherokee.

You have to remove the three screws that hold the power buttons in place/or the black black piece if you have no power option, Two screws near that, and one screw under the inside door handle.

Then you have to remove the two screws for the arm rest, at least on mine I did, and then the arm rest swivels up and allow the top portion of the arm rest to come free.

From there, pop the plastic pieces from the door and raise the door panel out and off..

That is how mine worked, I have a four door Cherokee, so I guess yours would be similar.

Jamie

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I finally got it off by pushing and 'peeling' it up from the outside corner. It indeed lifts straight up, but mine obviously hadn't been off since new, and was stuck to the rubber window molding. I also pulled the molding off, and this gave me lots of room to install the tinting. Thanks again.
ROE

Back