• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I drive without a track bar on the front?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Not like highway speeds, but like on a trail. Or in the sand next to my shop to test the flex with my new tires?

Without the TRACK bar? No, don't try it!
That's what holds the axle in lateral position to the body.

Without the SWAY bar? Yeah, but not on the pavement and not at any speed more than about 10mph. It wallows like a pig with the sway bar disconnected.

Ghost said:
Not like highway speeds, but like on a trail. Or in the sand next to my shop to test the flex with my new tires?

Ghost, unless you want to see the lower control arm brackets on the "frame" ripped off, or the arms themselves bent sideways, this is about as bad an idea as I can think of.

Out of curiousity, what is motivating you to drive ANYWHERE without the track bar????????????

One more vote for NO!

You won't go far, and the results won't be pretty.

I kinda figured this but I thought I would ask the experts of NAXJA! The motivation is to test the new tires and see what kind of cutting I have to do b4 tellico.

Ghost, When I was putting my RE trackbar on I had to get it from point A where we melted out the seized bolt, to point B my friends place to finish the job. I drove it on the road for about 2 miles with no trackbar. The thing is I never went over 10 mph. I had to over steer and counter steer constantly. I had no problems. But I wouldnt recomend this the way people say to do with the rear sway bar. It can be done. Just not pleasant.

Back