• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My last question about my Tcase

88XJ_FireFighter

NAXJA Forum User
I am 99.932345% sure my tcase is bad. FYI, 88, auto and 242. Brief history. This XJ will move like 2 feet on its own before, what sounds like the tcase, pops out and starts grinding both 2wd and 4wd. Yes, I checked the linkage. So what I did was pull the rear DS from the axle. Tried to turn it. Would not turn. Okay, normal in park. Then I started up the heep with the rear DS completely removed. Gave it a little gas, and bam, same thing. It started grinding. With it grinding I crawled under and felt the tcase. Somethng was def. wrong in there. Turned it off, put the rear shaft only in the tcase and I could turn it a completely with ease.

My question? Is it still my tcase? I found a 242 for 150 big ones to swap if it truly is my tcase.

Thanks and this is my last post for my tcase issue providing I get the right answers......

take it off and take it apart?

it cant make things anyworse...

Back