• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints? OEM or aftermarket?

Aftermarket. Most parts like that are made undercontract by aftermarket companies for DCX. I think alot of the parts are made by Federal Mogul. Plus, OE lower ball joints are not greasable.

I work in a Jeep parts dept., you'd be amazed at how many aftermarket companies are the OEM.

--Matt

I should add that the only thing you gain from buying OE is the extra money spent gets you a one year warranty.

I just did mine, and advanced auto used to carry moog (federal mogul) but now they carry TRW...

Here's the thing though .. the part number is the same, but there are two TRW packages .. the old ones are Federal Mogul/TRW(probably old stock) Made In USA, and the new ones are just TRW and made in Mexico.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Mexico, but I went to 3 Advance stores to round up full set of the Made In USA Federal Mogul parts - so if you're particular about quality/brand/origin, you may have to do some jumping around to get the last of the old stock.

So..... TRW made the ball joints that came on my junk from the factory?

Im being carefull because
I've heard that anything but Dealership Balljoints will just go bad in about 6 months.

Y2K-XJ said:

I've heard that anything but Dealership Balljoints will just go bad in about 6 months.
Pure hog wash, Jeep don't make there own joints, get name brand geaseable joints.

Y2K-XJ said:

TRW is a LARGE manufacturer of chassis parts for ALL the auto companies. Their products are OEM on MANY brands of vehicles. Chryco does NOT make their own balljoints, regardless of whether TRW does it for them or not.

Y2K-XJ said:

MOOG makes great suspension parts...

Back