• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt sizes

bubba

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and didn't come up with what I need. I bought a used lift and it didn't come with any of the nuts and bolts that I need. I am wondering what sizes I will need for the control arms, shocks, and track bar. I want to have everything on hand when I start the project and start breaking bolts.

Thanks in advance.

I know the stock track bar axle connection is a 10mmX1.50mm, 70mm long, and it looks like a class 10.9 bolt, but I can't see any marks on the head (rusted away). Does anyone know if it's a class 8.8 or 10.9?

I really don't know if its 8.8 or 10.9 but if you go by the latter you will be fitting higher tensile strenth bolts so in a general sense you can't go wrong with the latter.

Just keep in mind that higher tensile strenth also mean that they are more brittle and more subject to breaking in shock situations, they will resist more tension and more torsion but less shock.

SACEM

Back