• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Lights

Rufio

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone on here have any pictures or websites that they can share with me showing aftermarket brake lights??????

What, precisely, are you trying to see?

I guess Altezza is now doing lights (why?) and there were a couple aftermarket "metal box" lights - like the ones FarmerMatt does/did for FarmBoyDesigns (if he still had any left, they look pretty good. He got clobbered by his work schedule...) I think there are a couple other similar lights out there.

If you're looking to add lights, I think it's been done where a couple "truck" style lights (the ones that mount in rubber grommets) have been added to the liftgate to enhance visibility (which isn't a bad idea here in CA...)

There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but it often helps to tell us more about what you're looking for when you ask, so you'll get better answers. You don't have to be too specific, but enough to help is always good...

5-90

5-90 said:
What, precisely, are you trying to see?

I guess Altezza is now doing lights (why?) and there were a couple aftermarket "metal box" lights - like the ones FarmerMatt does/did for FarmBoyDesigns (if he still had any left, they look pretty good. He got clobbered by his work schedule...) I think there are a couple other similar lights out there.

If you're looking to add lights, I think it's been done where a couple "truck" style lights (the ones that mount in rubber grommets) have been added to the liftgate to enhance visibility (which isn't a bad idea here in CA...)

There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but it often helps to tell us more about what you're looking for when you ask, so you'll get better answers. You don't have to be too specific, but enough to help is always good...

5-90

Im looking for non stock LED Brake lights that will fit on my 88 xj Wagoneer

Here's the link for FarmBoy designs - but FamerMatt might be a little backlogged right now (it's harvest time...) Still, this will at least give you an idea of what these will look like. If he's still doing them, I'd suggest that you get his set - I've seen them being made and they're rock solid! I've just had to spend my money elsewhere lately (getting my network up and running, plumbing repairs, and getting stocks of material up for Works in Progress...)

The lights that he's mounting in his housings are the same type as the "grommet-mount" lights I mentioned - but I'd suggest you use the round ones if you want to add them, since that would allow you to use a hole saw to cut the holes and make your life a little easier. Round grommet lights can be had in sizes from 2"-6", as I recall.

There are also oval grommet lights - but they're a little harder to mount, since you have to cut a regular enough hole to make sure the grommet will seal.

Of course, you can get these lights with either incandescent lamps or LED's. Look around for shops that sell supplies for heavy trucks, and you'll find the lights. The prices usually aren't too bad.

If you don't relish the idea of drilling large holes in the liftgate, you can find surface-mount marker lights and such at the same place - those just need two screw holes (usually) and a hole for the wiring - all about 1/4" in size.

So, it's largely going to depend on how much work you want to do - and how much you want to modify things. I'd PM FarmerMatt and see if he's going to keep doing his lights - but give him a few days to answer, since he's going to be busy for another month or so...

5-90

Back