• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ doors on 96- body

Dingo509

NAXJA Forum User
YES i've searched. but all i can find is "yeah ive heard of it being done" or somebody says they've seen it done, but i want to see pics. I have swapped the door panels on but there not working the way i want them too so i want to swap the whole doors but i want to know if its even possible first.

Dingo

the strikers are in different locations and they're two different styles. Also, the hinges are different and the locations are different. i'm not sure about the size of the doors or fitment.

are they a direct swap?.. not even close. you're gonna have to put in some time.

formatt said:
the strikers are in different locations and they're two different styles. Also, the hinges are different and the locations are different. i'm not sure about the size of the doors or fitment.

are they a direct swap?.. not even close. you're gonna have to put in some time.

I looked at a 98 in the wrecking yard right next a 93, the hinges look to be in the same spot i was thinking you could just bolt in the newer doors As far as the hinges are concerned, unfornatly i can't get back out to the yard that had the 98 for a while to check on the latch.

Keep the info coming

Dingo

the striker on the 98 is not only in a different location, it's also about a 1/4" in diameter whereas the early model XJ use a 3/8" striker.

off the top of my head, I can't remember the difference with the upper hinge but the lower hinge is about a 1/2" off... +/- 1/8"

Kejtar said:
PM Dan Turner: he's done it. The only difference AFAIK is the striker size and location: the hinges fit.

Thanks i will do that

Dingo

Back