• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE installed!

99xjache

NAXJA Member #1289
Just finished installing my PORC sye kit. I have a RE 4.5 short arm kit with 4.5 " leaf pack for the rear. ( no degree shims installed yet ) 1.25" t-case drop. I need to order a dual cardan style DS. 33" at ride height and about 35.25 at full droop.

Should I take the t-case drop out before I order and remeasure or should I leave it in? Lots of threads on this topic but could not fid the answer to this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Aaron

take it out and get your clearance back then measure

Thanks for the quick reply!

Will renoving it mess up or maybe correct the front angles or should it even matter?

99xjache said:
Just finished installing my PORC sye kit. I have a RE 4.5 short arm kit with 4.5 " leaf pack for the rear. ( no degree shims installed yet ) 1.25" t-case drop. I need to order a dual cardan style DS. 33" at ride height and about 35.25 at full droop.

Should I take the t-case drop out before I order and remeasure or should I leave it in? Lots of threads on this topic but could not fid the answer to this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Aaron

What Ramsey said. The Drop is used for a band-aid fix for those that cannot afford the SYE right away................... :lecture:

Oh and your front angles(I am assuming you mean the front shaft) will not change much.

Thanks again!

I already removed the drop and it increased the leangth by almost 1/2"!

Thanks again for the advice!

Aaron

always glad to help when i can. that was some fast wrenching

99xjache said:
Thanks again!

I already removed the drop and it increased the leangth by almost 1/2"!

Thanks again for the advice!

Aaron
Don't forget to clean the grease off of your keyboard.:D

ECKSJAY said:
That's why I bought the jumbo pack of latex gloves.
This is why I bought them.
07599254271.jpg

99xjache said:
Hey Okie,
How long does it take for the membership to go through once you pay dues?
I'm not sure what the wait is these days.
Maybe a newer member will chime in.

Back