• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW-4 differences

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know the wiring differeneces between the Renix era AW-4 and the '97 and newer AW-4? I can get a complete '98 XJ that took a BADDDD hit to the pass. side for dirt cheap. I am wanting to know what kind of wiring mods I may have to make to get the tranny to work with the RENIX stuff. I am going to use the complete drivetrain since it has about 45,000 miles on it. I plan on keeping the RENIX injection to simplify wiring of the motor ( change out engine sensors for RENIX, and mod the TPS to work,also). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to keep everything as factory style as possible for reliability issues, but I may end up using one of BrettM's switches for the tranny as a last resort.(Nothing against Brett, just trying to keep the wife happy, since this is HER XJ.) Thanks Ren

ren said:
Anybody know the wiring differeneces between the Renix era AW-4 and the '97 and newer AW-4? I can get a complete '98 XJ that took a BADDDD hit to the pass. side for dirt cheap. I am wanting to know what kind of wiring mods I may have to make to get the tranny to work with the RENIX stuff. I am going to use the complete drivetrain since it has about 45,000 miles on it. I plan on keeping the RENIX injection to simplify wiring of the motor ( change out engine sensors for RENIX, and mod the TPS to work,also). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to keep everything as factory style as possible for reliability issues, but I may end up using one of BrettM's switches for the tranny as a last resort.(Nothing against Brett, just trying to keep the wife happy, since this is HER XJ.) Thanks Ren
There would be a very good chance with a side collision there are cracks in the driveline.

Back