• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not OEM Gauges

mrschendel

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of installing a Transmission temp gauge. What other gauges have you put on your XJs? Was thinking of going with the Auto Meter gauge pod. So that would make a space for two gauges. Like to go with the Trans temp gauge. But need one more.

THANKS
MARK

Outside air temp guage is VERY helpful during the winter, I salvaged mine off of a mercedes, and added a little red light for when it hits 0 degrees C. That light has saved my butt from crashing on black ice more times than I care to mention.
Beyond that, I've seen everything from oil temp guages, fuel temp guages, brake line pressure guages and vaccume pressure guages, to barometers and wind speed guages.

HTH

Engine Oil Temp is good too. I live in San Antonio so the outside temp gauge always read HOT!

.....Curt

I went with full autometer gauges. Very easy to do! *(see note)

some modification required

:laugh3:
dashsetup13ku.jpg

eh, you could put two tranny temp's. One from the tranny and one going back to the tranny. I donno, I like stupid info, so depending on what you prefer to know (from or to the tranny), you could tell how efficently your cooler is working (or not working for that matter!).

To answer your real question. I feel that the stock gauges are completly competent. I would maybe add a tranny temp gauge.

Search my name and keyword dash. That will get you my build up threads.

I added a mechanical fuel pressure guage with the isolator so i could run it inside, it's nice to know in a no start situation if the pump is running plus if the pressure starts to change then it clues me in on possible future problems.

Dingo

Back