• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's up with my speakers?

landmark

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I've got a '98 Classic with a strange stereo speaker problem. The stock speaker in the front drivers side door only works when the door is open--when the door is closed, the speaker shorts out. Conversely, the speaker in the front passenger side door only works when the door is closed--when the door is open, the speaker shorts out. Is this just a random coincidence, or is there something else to it? Also, is there anything I shoud know about taking off the interior cover of the door to get to the speakers? I've never done it before and I don't want to break something on accident. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Almost all the parts stores sell a door panel removal tool that will take those plastic push buttons out with out breaking them.
As for the cutting in and out, take a look at that big rubber ribbed tube, if the front doors were used alot then the wires could be cracked and insulation flaking off of the wires.

Back