• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Shroud

The junk yard that I finally found one in wanted 35 bucks for it. Cali junk yards seem to think they are mining gold behind those fences, and I guess they are! I guess I'll check the dealership, maybe test drive a Rubicon, get me one of those Trail Rated badges.

I just bought a new one, receipt is out in the jeep but it was like $22 new from the dealer, bought a new fan clutch at the same time, now that hurt.

Thanks all. I just called the dealer and 20 bucks will get me a brand new one. Who'd woulda thought you could get a deal at the dealership. Although if you you consider that it's just a piece of molded plastic 20 bucks seems kinda steep. The packaging and handing from china probably cost more than the part.

Bradlybob said:
Thanks all. I just called the dealer and 20 bucks will get me a brand new one. Who'd woulda thought you could get a deal at the dealership. Although if you you consider that it's just a piece of molded plastic 20 bucks seems kinda steep. The packaging and handing from china probably cost more than the part.

Once you see how fragile the thing is they probably have a high breakage rate in shipping. I know when I picked mine up he had already opened the box to check it, he's had to send a few back.

At the local Chrysler-Jeep dealer, I paid around $50.00 for a new shroud for my right hand drive XJ. Yes, it's just a piece of molded plastic.

It was less than $20 at the dealer to get one so it wasnt worth it to go to the bone yard or aftermarket.

Back