• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2k to 91 what can I swap?

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a totalled 2k xj and want to put stuff on my 91 can I swap the doors if I switch latches etc? I plan to sell what I cant use but if the doors are doable I need to as my 91 has lots of cancer.

So by being a pain do you mean that I have to yank the lock, swap over the lock cylinder and all the power switchgear stuff? Just takes a while but It's better than trying to fix the rusted bottoms of the old doors. I'll yank them and start on it when rocket football is over. Perhaps it'll be a write up!

Its mainly because the hinges are completely different.

yes, the hinges are completely different, but can't you unbolt the newer hinges from the newer doors and bolt on the old hinges from the old doors? They are both held on by three bolts setup in a triangle. You might be able to put the old latch hardware on the new doors too so you wouldn't have to change the latch portion on the old pillars. Jeff

The doors are more beat than I thought, I'm going to cut the bottoms off and patch the ones on my 91. Anyone need some door interior panels? Check my post in the for sale section!

Back