• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5 to 5.5

skewter

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running a RE 3.5 inch SF. I was looking at getting some coil spacers and new shackles. I noticed that the rear shackles from RE are 1.25 inch and the coil spacers are 2 inches.

What if any problems will i run into with this setup and will this make the suspension uneven due to difference in height in the two products?

no the .25 difference shouldnt make a difference, Im sittin about 1" taller in the front of mine and you cant even tell....you will need an sye and ds to match the 5.5" , you will pry want longer shox although the ones from the 3.5" kit will pry hold over for a while, but will limit your travel...longer brake lines If you havent already, and then lca's and ADJ track bar If you havent already...sway bar drop is disco's, thats about It for now...and Im sure at 5.5 your running 33's or 35's so regearing and axles in the future....thats all I can think of...:wierd:

I have an SYE ready to install. And i bought teh RE driveshaft as well. They whould work just fine right? I would not need a different shaft than the one i originally planned on putting in the 3.5?

might need It extended Im not sure...you'd have to see how much extended and compressed and all that...Im no expert but I dont see why It wouldnt work because you can have 3" of lift and leave the stock DS on an XJ so I dont see why u cant have 3"s of play with your driveshaft, which in my theory would make you alright up to 6.5" of lift, but I'd say 5.5 is good, your not stressin the DS to much...Id ask around though to be sure

Back