• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 out of a rodeo

millerJoop79

NAXJA Forum User
guy has a D44 out of a 99 isuzu rodeo with 4.10 gears, limited slip, disc brakes. any ideas on what a good price to offer him would be?? thanks

maybe the disc bracketry is worth something. offer him a trade, he gives you the disc stuff and you take the housing off him free of charge

xjj33p3r said:
It's an alluminum housing. Don't bother.

uhhh not grand cherokee. I have a rodeo in my garage right now and it's definately not aluminum (the diff covers on some are finned aluminum though)

xjj33p3r said:

Can't speak to 99's, but I am in the process of putting a '95 under my XJ, and it is definately a standard cast D44 housing. Only major differences are metric brake fittings, and "thick gears" (i.e. your 4.10's are on a carrier for 3.73 and numerically lower gears). As far as a price, you see a lot of variance. I picked mine up pretty cheap (thanks DJ :laugh3:), but have seen them for $350-450 too. I'd offer the guy a couple hund & see where it goes...

xjj33p3r said:

I wonder how I welded the STEEL perches to the one in mine then? ZUZU never had an alum d44 in the rodeo. It is a very nice axle, but check width I believe its a little wider than the 96 D44 I have in my MJ. I know the later rodeos went to around 62.5" wide, instead of 59 3/4" its worth 300.00 or so.

Rear Axle
Isuzu Rodeo -(2 Dr Spt & 4 DR4X4(Dsc br)4.10NL 106,000 J50966 $200.2 LKQ - Star Auto Parts USA-WI(Janesville) E-mail 1-800-362-9451
Rear Axle
Isuzu Rodeo -4X4,4.10NL,DSC BR,W/ABS(CSS) 90,000 G50312 $200.18 LKQ - Star Auto Parts USA-WI(Janesville) E-mail 1-800-362-9451
Rear Axle
Rear Axle
Isuzu Rodeo -3.2L,AOD,4X4,LS,FLR ,4X4 (DSC BR), 4.10 YM4188 $200.16 LKQ Metro USA-IL(Caseyville) E-mail 1-866-266-0097

Isn't the rodeo d44 a six bolt pattern?

6 on 5.5, like chevy 1/2 ton, toyota and full size Jeep

91 Jeep Project said:
The brackets on these are cast into the tube............ :lecture:

Are you telling me the tubes are cast? That does not make any sense.

CRASH said:

Leave him alone, the kid has no manufacturing knowledge.

91 Jeep Project said:
I got my leather seats through them, they usually have great prices............:cheers:

because they don't know what it's REALLY worth....but you didn't hear that from me ;)

CRASH said:

Maybe I worded that wrong, let me see if I can dig up a pic.

Edit: Couldn't find a good pic, this was as close as I had. The brackets for the disc brakes are not bolted on. There is a big ass piece on the end of the tube.

1104128073_dana_60__5.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing better than a thread filled to the brim with mis-information.

CRASH said:
There's nothing better than a thread filled to the brim with mis-information.

negative. My spot on interpretation of LKQ's pricing comes directly from the SOUCRE.

We were assimilated in Nov. 04.

I'd have more respect for the heirachy if they could actually change their alternators.

the other stuff....i'll leave that to you.

:D

Back