• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rails

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok one more time.....lol

I am looking for some 4" rock rails. Looked at the Tomkin ones online, like them, but do they bolt to the pinch seam as most do?How durable are they, anyone using them?

Also I looked at C4x4, not 4" but very attractive price. Any experiance with these? Any pix of either set on? looking for some opinians here, My guess is they are easy to build except I have NO FABBING SKILLS and even less welding skills.

I've got a set of the C4x4 double tubes. Reasonably stout, but I have bent the driver's side when I came down hard on a rock. Installation was pretty easy, drill, jack, hand tools.

I built my own, they are similar to the C4x4 double tube ones.

rails.jpg

I have the Tomken's 2 inch. Yes, the bolt to the pinch seam. Like everthing else I have used from Tomken they are 1st quality, never have dented them.

Rev

Anyone else have anything good to say for tomkin's? I emailed AJ from AJ's to see if he could build a set of 4" cheaper than Tomkin....But if not I think I'm sold.

Hey '96, AJ is in the middle of moving, if he doesn't contact you back, thats why. He'll be settled here in a little while, and he plans of doing a few large batches of rails, which should be priced very reasonably.

Well I won't be purchasing untill around Oct/Nov because I won't be home untill then, but to anyones knoledge does he or has he made a 2x4 slider for a 4 door?

I'm not sure if he has before, but he will build anything you want. If you go with the regular 2x2 square tube, with the round tube rail on the outside, you get the same, if not more coverage with less weight than a 2x4 tube. With the round tube you can go upwards, where you need the protection the most. However, if you want the 2x4 rails, I'm sure he'd build them for you.

About Tomken...

I have thier:
Rock Rails
UCA's and LCA's
Rear bumper and tire carrier
Rear springs

I have NEVER had a problem with any of this. The rear springs did sag about 1/2 inch, but they told me they would, so no problem there. All in all great people.....now, that was 8 or so years ago....I have not dealt with them lately

Rev

Back