• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8/3.4 Exhaust

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I searched many threads about exhaust, but mainly found 4.0 threads and I'm not sure if there is anything is different. If there is no difference, just let me know.

I am in need of new exhaust starting behind the down pipe. I am pretty sure I want a Flowmaster, but I'm not sure what would sound the best. I want a deep tone that isn't "ricey" and would like it loud, but not annoying loud. I want a single in/single out.

What size of pipe is the stock exhaust...2.25, 2.5? Is the stock size what I should stick with, or should I move up 1/4 of an inch?

What should I get?

Flowmaster 40
Flowmaster Super 40
Flowmaster Delta Flow 40
Flowmaster 50
or Other

Thanks a lot
85Chief

Stock size is 2". I ran the stock downpipe, necked it up to 2.25" and ran an hi-flow cat and a cherry bomb super turbo (both in 2.25") in the stock location. I like the way it sounds, loud but not obnoxious.

brokexj said:
Stock size is 2". I ran the stock downpipe, necked it up to 2.25" and ran an hi-flow cat and a cherry bomb super turbo (both in 2.25") in the stock location. I like the way it sounds, loud but not obnoxious.
yeah there nice untill you hit a rock wit them. I'd go with the Flowmaster 40 delta flow.

Back