• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Get One Thing Fixed Another Happens

b4wheelnxj

NAXJA Forum User
I SEE OTHER POSTS about brakes rootrs and calipers locking up what about rear drum i having issues there pulled the e brake 4 days ago and it felt like it didnt release on drive side got were on tires so was drving and felt like it releae didnt pay no mind and then it came back after borther pulled e brake 2 days smell like brake rubling can see it in drum what should do ebrake is lose cable wise to jeep could the brake issue be in the rear if so do i replace all parts did a axle swap with a 87 for a dana 44 padson brake clynders look not good and springs well i want go there

For the love of God, use some punctuation. :laugh3:

Anyway, I had the e-brake cable on the passenger side seize up because the spring that held it off the muffler broke. Replaced the brake pads and the cable and have now determined that it has happened again. :mad:

Brake cables do rust up and need replaced. Salt water is hard on all of them not just jeeps. Stay off the beach if you want them to last.

Oh and get your GED or a spell checker..

I'd like to help, but your communication skills are so bad that I can't take the time to figure what the hell you're talking about. FYI...your note makes you look like a retard.

sorry spellcheck broke was tired when posted it ill try to fix the punt , from now on thx for the tips will look at getting new ones

als0 i just got this rig and yes it was toke on the beach it want end up there any more any ways !

Get new cables, and while you're at it, you should probably just redo the whole brake(s). Once you've cooked the linings, it's probably a good idea to go over the whole thing. Rear brake parts are pretty cheap, and XJ rear brakes tend to be a little temperamental anyway.

Don't worry about the punctuation... at least you're using English.
If it's been ridden on the Beach, do yourself a favor & kill the rust before it ruins your car. Clean the underside the best you can, then buy a quart of POR15 & paint it over the rust so the car doesn't fall apart from under you in a couple of years. May also want to spray a combination of boiled linseed oil & used crankcase oil into the inner frame & into the rocker panels. (Drill a few holes under the plastic door sill covers for access)
regards.
jlex.

Back