• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting cooling system additive.

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
I ran across this form the Hesco website. http://kwickkool.com/ This stuff seems really cool (no pun intended). Check out the demo video. I mean he had a blow torch on his hand for well over a min. Just wanted to hear some input on this liquid.

Thanks,
Silent

Last edited:
Ordered some last week. I'll report back when I get a chance to test.

After seeing how well the heat was absorbed, in the video, it could be used to design a superior fire fighting suit, especially for aircraft fires.

Red97XJ said:
Crash,

Let us know how it works out.

What he said.

May have to get some of that stuff if it works out for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it seems to me that it would allow your heater to work better as well.

Looks good. I dunno if I would have volunteered to hold it while a torch was aimed at my hand though. :wierd:

-Mike

I don't get the demo. I can't hear what he's saying. So is his hand being insulated from the heat with the towel soaked in kiwk cool? If that's the case, isn't that bad since the towel soaked in kwik cool is a bad conductor of heat? Or is he saying that the kwik cool is absorbing the heat and then dissipating it throughout the kwik cool towel and the towel doesn't get hot because the it's losing heat via convection?

I had bought some Redline Water Wetter, but took it back after i read in the FSM for my '96 in bold: CAUTION: Do not use coolant additives that claimed to improve engine cooling.

Gee....water and antifreeze has always worked just fine for me.

Snake Oil, pure and simple, a solution looking for a problem were there is none. If you need a special additive to keep your engine cool, you have other issues.

Rev

I think the manual cautioned against using coolant additives because some may cause corrosion of seals or metal. However, the science behind coolant would tell you that for the most part, adding a solute with a higher boiling temperature than the solvent (being water in this case), will cause the solution to have a higher boiling point. So, for example, the kwikkool product (according to the video) has an extremely high boiling point. When you add this to your coolant it will simply increase the boiling point. As for it absorbing the heat, according to conservation of energy,that heat absorbed would either have to be stored (i.e. the kwikkool would heat up), be transfered (i.e. the heat from the flame would go through the kwikkool and would burn your hand), or would have to be converted somehow (i.e. a filament in a light bulb that heats up and emits light).

Back