• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 and 44 pinion yoke part numbers?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, can anyone clarify what the part numbers are for u-bolt style pinion yokes for a high pinion 30 and a low pinion 44?

I ran across this thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50912

but think I need clarification so that I don't make the parts guy at NAPA have an aneurism.

T!

The Spicer part# is 2-4-8091X although I don't know if that part is still made. The strap style may be the only oneyou can get now.

They are the same part number for both axles for certain?

Dana30 probably has a different part number, I think they all come with a strap style yoke. All Dana44 and Dana30 yokes are interchangable though.

Root Moose said:
Guys, can anyone clarify what the part numbers are for u-bolt style pinion yokes for a high pinion 30 and a low pinion 44?

I ran across this thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50912

but think I need clarification so that I don't make the parts guy at NAPA have an aneurism.

T!

I have a DANA 30 high pinion in my '97 and I recently upgraded to the Spicer Yoke# XP 3 or KP 3?, (couldn't read it clearly), and the Spicer U-Bolts #2-94-28X.

When I went to the Spicer dealer here, he wouldn't even open the book to look up the part number until I gave him the info off the tag that is on the dif. He then showed me in his book how different series of numbers gets different yoke numbers. The u-bolts were all the same, I believe.

So in other words, get all the info off your diff and bring that to the Spicer guy and you will get the right parts that way.

Don't forget to order new seals too.

Hope this helps-

Jeff-97XJ

Last edited:
I've got a pair of Spicer u-bolt yokes that are going on our TJ (D30, D44) and the pn on the boxes is 2-4-8091X. Same yoke front and rear. Like Jes said though, I don't know if that part is still made anymore or not though, I was told by Superior that Spicer was discontinuing it.

Jeff-97XJ said:
I have a DANA 30 high pinion in my '97 and I recently upgraded to the Spicer Yoke# XP 3 or KP 3?, (this number is stamped on the part, didn't get a box with the part and couldn't read it clearly), and the Spicer U-Bolts #2-94-28X.

When I went to the Spicer dealer here, he wouldn't even open the book to look up the part number until I gave him the info off the tag that is on the dif. He then showed me in his book how different series of numbers gets different yoke numbers. The u-bolts were all the same, I believe.

So in other words, get all the info off your diff and bring that to the Spicer guy and you will get the right parts that way.

Don't forget to order new seals too.

Hope this helps-

Jeff-97XJ

got both of my u-bolt style pinion kits for my d30 and d44 from randy's. they have the same part number:

item description vehicle ratio
YY D44-1310-26U D30, D44, & D50 FINE (NOT_HD) 1310 YOKE, U-BOLT TYPE & D300 Dana D30
YY D44-1310-26U D30, D44, & D50 FINE (NOT_HD) 1310 YOKE, U-BOLT TYPE & D300 Dana D44

linky thing

http://www.ring-pinion.com/content/products/default.asp?vid=1&pid=7&aid=&rid=

Back