• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 3" Kit arrived!!

Bowzer

NAXJA Forum User
It's here! ..all of it too!

Rusty's 300SP/3" lift kit, 2-coils, 2-full leaf packs, 4-shocks, 1-Rear/Brake Line ext....it appears to be all the correct parts, thanks Rusty!... definatly need a before/after shot-always the best.

Why I'm posting this is: Any precautions, tips, or comments are helpful My first time workin with the actual suspension components. I got a buddy with a spring compressor, and torque wrench I've read several write-ups on XJ lift kits and Rusty's instructions are pretty basic inculding TQ specs, which is a big +

My thoughts:
*Rear sway-bar, will I need it? I've heard otherwise... if it bolts up I'll use it I guess.
*Trac-Bar(stock), I've heard it'll be offset by 3/4" or somthin.. bolt it to factory hole or customize? (I don't have the $130 for the Adj. Bar right now..)
*Alignment, I realize it depends on how I perform the job, where/if I lock the wheel or use 4wd.. any tips on gettin it as straight as possible before I get to the alignment rack? I'm concerned with Caster and Toe over Camber.

You probably wouldnt notice the rear sway bar gone. Save the brackets from where it mounts to the leaf springs.

You could drill a new hole in your track bar mount at the axle to compensate...but you might not notice if you left it alone.

Make the front tires parallel until you get it to a alignment shop.

IIRC...

yea, u wont notice ur rear sway bar is on considering u have ur front sway bar connected. As time goes by and springs break in and get softer, u will notice that the rear sway bar makes a difference.

Check my post on this thread: http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=offroadjeepcherokee&Number=1429733&Searchpage=1&Main=1429719&Words=Rusty%27s+mrbill&topic=&Search=true#Post1429733

I have had the lift on now for 3 months and I love it. It rode real stiff for the first month or so due to the 150lb. overload springs (still is a bit stiff on some rough roads) then it mellowed out a bit. Other than that, no complaints. Good Luck! and don't worry. It's not near as hard to do as it sounds. The only other thing I would do (and have done now) is install longer brake lines, front and rear, instead of using the relocation bracket. Get the NAPA replacement lines for a 95 YJ they have the same fittings and are about 4" longer than the stock XJ lines.

Last edited:
'95 YJ brake lines is trick idea! Thanks!
I'll try and do that before I get to the installation. That was some good info on that link.

thanks for the help guys!

Back