• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper Quarter Panel Guards??

GREEN XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know Trailhead and Rocklizard make them but Trailhead don't have them out for '97 and up and Rocklizard aren't shipping them yet. Does anyone else make them for the '97 and up? Thanks for any info.

I like the PMW but for the price I would rather wait and get the Rocklizard, which is thicker and comes powder coated for like $30 more. And 12 guage really isn't that thick, the Rocklizard are 3/16" thick.

GREEN XJ said:
I like the PMW but for the price I would rather wait and get the Rocklizard, which is thicker and comes powder coated for like $30 more. And 12 guage really isn't that thick, the Rocklizard are 3/16" thick.

I agree 12 gauge isn't that thick but for the many licks mine have taken they are holding up just fine. Plus the kind of abuse and hits that the upper quarter panel takes is different than say a rocker or lower quarter panel. 3/16" also might be kind of hard to get to conform to the rolls and bends of the body as nicely as the PMW guards.

I will have to say that PMW Lower Quarter Guards are not thick enough though. I have my passenger side one bent like a horseshoe and wish I had gone with something thicker for down there.

96XJCLASSIC said:
3/16" also might be kind of hard to get to conform to the rolls and bends of the body as nicely as the PMW guards.

Mine are the Trailhead Offroad guards, the 3/16" thick kind, and they dont seem to have any problem conforming to the body... Fit quite nicely too, alot better then some of the things that have been or are on my XJ.

Aside from doing the paintwork, installing these was actually probably one of the easier projects I've done.

3448642723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E2323873%3C5%3C898ot1lsi

railroadjeep said:
Mine are the Trailhead Offroad guards, the 3/16" thick kind, and they dont seem to have any problem conforming to the body... Fit quite nicely too, alot better then some of the things that have been or are on my XJ.

Aside from doing the paintwork, installing these was actually probably one of the easier projects I've done.

3448642723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E2323873%3C5%3C898ot1lsi

Those do look good and seem to fit well.

I was referring to the two tight bends at the top of the PMW guards that the THOR don't have.
upper1.jpg

Back