• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

po455 code

leadfoot77

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know what this code means PO 455 my scanner says ( EVAP EMISSION SYSTEM LEAK DETECTED GROSS LEAK / NO FLOW) I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A O2 SENSOR PROBLEM BUT THEY ALL CHECK OUT OK.... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

is your gas cap tight? is the seal on the gas cap good? those are the simple things to check. that code is saying you have a leak in your EVAP system.

To have a gross leak in evap the gas cap would have to missing. Have filled the tank with the jeep running? What I would do is inspect the gas cap and clear the code. See if it comes. If it does time to start checking out the evap system.

If the seal on your gas cap is bad. Don't buy a cheap cap from the parts store or walmart. The dealer is the only place that I have any luck getting to seal on an OBD2 vehicle. HTH

yea i swappped caps from the 01 XJ Limited with my brothers 00 XJ sport. ill runnit around later and see if it comes back but i have a feeling the cap is bad it seems loose and doesnt wanna tighten like my bros.. yea have my stupid emmissions test comming up and they'll flunk me for that.. and thats a cheap fixx too..

Back