• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wierd horn issue

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
This has happened twice. When I crank the JEEP, the horn goes off. It's wierd. It doesn't happen all the time and I'll just turn the JEEP off and back on to go about my business. I my passenger side horn cabling does not work, by the way. Could the fuse or relay be going out?

MattS said:
This has happened twice. When I crank the JEEP, the horn goes off. It's wierd. It doesn't happen all the time and I'll just turn the JEEP off and back on to go about my business. I my passenger side horn cabling does not work, by the way. Could the fuse or relay be going out?
What year? Do you have ant-thieft?

MattS said:
It's a 99 with keyless entry. It just started happening...
Sounds like a problem with the keyless entry then. The alarm is not getting disarmed.
Check your engine codes. Also check and see if it just happens with one key and not the other.

XgeekstarX said:
mine did this when i first got it. it had some crazy alarm system installed that i never got the keyfob for. it took me a good two hours to unwire the thing.
Too bad you can buy a keyfob and it will program itself.

Keyless entry, and the anti-theft are compleatly different systems. You can have keyless without the antitheft. If you have anti-theft you'll have gray keys if not you'll have black ones. You have something shorting out. My guess is the clock spring in the steering wheel.

Back