• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift time...

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
Well, I think I am the only one in the southeast, maybe the entire east that owns a set of Currie/Deaver XJ leaf springs. They came this week. I've got the RS9000's and front springs in the garage, and my DPG adjustable rear bump stops/Spring plates arrived today! Woo Hoo! Anyone near Tuscaloosa want to lift an XJ???? besides me....
The springs do look pretty beefy for a mild 3 inch lift. I've got high hopes for them! :sunshine:

Did you buy the leafs from Currie or Deaver? And how many leafs are there in each pack? I'm thinking about the Currie springs too.

K

corbinafly said:
Did you buy the leafs from Currie or Deaver? And how many leafs are there in each pack? I'm thinking about the Currie springs too.

K
9 Leaves plus the 1/2 leaf wrapped over the front eye. They look impressive, I'm curious as to how they will perform, and how long they'll hold up! What time are you available to help?? :wave: That's gonna be a long drive for you.....

Ok, I got the lift on, last night, and this afternoon! Woo Hoo! The Currie leafs got me solid 3 inches, and the used Skyjacker coils also got me 3 inches. Unfortunately, those Currie leafs appear a tad too long.....and my shackles are pressed up against the "Frame." So, I'll be getting some boomerang shackles this week! Get this, I actually don't have any vibration at this time. Ask me again after the shackles....... The 242 tc All Wheel Drive actually works with no vibes either. I guess I should just shut up, and not jinx myself!
Anyway, as for additions, I'm thinking I need longer brake lines, Front and Rear?? The TracBar seemed to line up fine, so I'm thinking I can wait on that. That front Sway bar seems a bit off. How urgent is the Disco addition?? Right now, there is minimal lean on the road, I wonder if that is because the Front sway bar is preloaded with the lift??? AND....it really looked like my rear shocks were WAY too short?? Running RS9000's supposedly good for a 3 inch lift. Guess I'll have to do some measuring. Am I missing anything? I'm holding on the SYE for right now, as long as I'm not vibrating myself appart. That is a chunk of change I'd like to post pone for now!
Thanks for the input!

Andy, If you were up here I would of helped ya. Glad you got it together. You can drill holes in the lower spring mounts on the rear axle about 1 inch up. Buy yourself a bolt that will go through and be long enough to put all the shock bushings on. Then cut off the extra mount for the shock on the bottom of the axle, and shape it. You could also purchase some shock brackets from summit racing, and weld them to the top of the axle tube. then you could completely remove the stock shock mounts. Have you taken your rear sway bar off yet? If you haven't, you can do it, and use the end links for bar pin eliminators. If you look at them, you'll understand what I'm talkin' about. That will net you another 1" or so of shock as well.

Get the extended stainless brake lines. You want to make sure those things are long enough to flex without breaking.

With the Rancho 9000's you could actually run without the sway bar up front. Just up the setting on the shocks. You can also make your own D/C's by cutting them in half. Sleaving them with some steel pipe, and drilling holes at the proper length. Bolt one side (the upper is best to bolt) and use one of those pins with the clasp yo find in the specialty hardware draw at Lowes etc. You an use bungees to tie them out of the way when your wheelin'.

Did you get it alligned yet? Definately do that as soon as you can.

You need to put some pics up. Hope all is well with you.

Gary

Hey Gary,
Yeh, I finally got it lifted. In the rear, I've got JKS bar pin elliminators, but I'll tell ya, I think it was on Lizard Fab's web site, they've got these extended upper shock mounts/bar pin elliminators that looked very interesting. You could permanently mount them to the truck, as well as coming in varying lengths. Very interesting. I'd really rather not buy 4 new RS9000's! Hey, did you ever have to tighten that nut on the swing out tire carrier?? I'm not sure, but it looks like it may be loosening? and HOW did you get lube in that hinge? I don't seem to be too successful, and I'd like to keep it lubed! I think I'm going to get JKS boomerang shackles. THey look to be a little shorter than the RE, and I really don't want any more lift right now! Alignment this am.......
Thanks

Anyone have any use for stock leaves? Coils? or shackles? all if pretty good shape, 86k on them.

ChuckstrPT said:
Anyone have any use for stock leaves? Coils? or shackles? all if pretty good shape, 86k on them.

Yeah man! Check with me about a week ago. I might be able to have used them then. I think this is the first time I've ever been on the opposite end of 'a day late and a dollar short' . Oh well, maybe someone can use them.
:laugh3:

Back