• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS replacement with older parts?

JEEPTHIS

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched around and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm removing the ABS POS from my 90 this weekend and have the parts (master, booster, prop valve) from an 88 to try to put into it's place so trial and error will tell the tale as to whether or not this will just bolt into place. The only info I can find is dealing with the newer setup, not using older model parts. My main reason for trying the older parts is that they were priced right, FREE! If anyone has any answers before I delve into this, please post your experiences with using the older style parts. Thanks and I'll post when I've completed the task.

I have a 93 and found a 95 master cylinder it looked like it would bolt up. It didnt :( I ended up justusing the old master cylinder and routing the fluid tube that went from the brake fluid res to the ABS pump. It works great know i also had to cut and reflare the lines b/c the brake line connections where wrong

Back