• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Racks

Rufio

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching previous post's and i cant really find what i am looking for. I am looking for roof rack makers and pictures of roof racks and also peoples opinions on roof racks, the pro's and cons. Any information that you can provide for me will be helpfull. I am hopping to mount at least 2 kc highlites on it and mounts for a 60 inch high lift jack.

please help me with my quest for a roof rack to purchase for my 88 jeep wagoneer (4.5 lift on 33 x12.5)

Rufio said:
I have been searching previous post's and i cant really find what i am looking for. I am looking for roof rack makers and pictures of roof racks and also peoples opinions on roof racks, the pro's and cons. Any information that you can provide for me will be helpfull. I am hopping to mount at least 2 kc highlites on it and mounts for a 60 inch high lift jack.

please help me with my quest for a roof rack to purchase for my 88 jeep wagoneer (4.5 lift on 33 x12.5)
What do you want to carry on top? Spare? supplies? hilift?
There are two racks that come to my mind that are pretty nice and sturdy: one is farmermatt rack (Contact Farmer Matt for more info on it)and the other one is by rigwerks (sp? contact Captain Ron for more info on it). Both tie into the roof and sit close to the roof thus reducing the wasted space and unnecasary height. ALso they spread load better.

Just because I like tooting

rack2.jpg

f051abbb.jpg

...my own horn, that is.

Fergie

Kejtar said:
What do you want to carry on top? Spare? supplies? hilift?
There are two racks that come to my mind that are pretty nice and sturdy: one is farmermatt rack (Contact Farmer Matt for more info on it)and the other one is by rigwerks (sp? contact Captain Ron for more info on it). Both tie into the roof and sit close to the roof thus reducing the wasted space and unnecasary height. ALso they spread load better.

I would be carrieng a spare 33 x12.5 hi lift and kc lights, how would i go about contacting "farmer matt" and "captain ron"? :-\

Fergie who is the manufacturer of that rack?

Has anyone used/have one of theese racks im wondering about them.
http://www.protofab4x4.com/prod0280.htm

Last edited:
Rufio said:
I would be carrieng a spare 33 x12.5 hi lift and kc lights, how would i go about contacting "farmer matt" and "captain ron"? :-\

Fergie who is the manufacturer of that rack?

Has anyone used/have one of theese racks im wondering about them.
http://www.protofab4x4.com/prod0280.htm

by PM of course...

Farmer Matt and Captain Ron are usernames on this board...

Lou said:
Are you sure the're not new Disney characters?

no that is copyrite infringement....

though i can see the resemblance...
picture.JPG
p2mm.jpg

site1095.jpg
capt-jack-sparrow-main.jpg

:D :D :D

Olympic "Top Hat" rack from Quadratec.com
It has saved the drip rail from trees several times and I've actually used it as a pivot once or twice.

djhfj.jpg

Blkae McKinlay said:
how high does that olympic rack sit above your roof, and how did you mount it.

About 3-4" above the roof. It has 3 driprail clamps per side.

Back