• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with Powertrax

bbell90xj

NAXJA Member #1105
I have a Powertrax in a 8.25 that I can't get out of the carrier. The driver side synchro ring driver teeth are messed up and I can't get them to compress enough to remove the passenger side driver. I called tech support and they couldn't help. How is the best way to cut the carrier?

bbell90xj said:
I have a Powertrax in a 8.25 that I can't get out of the carrier. The driver side synchro ring driver teeth are messed up and I can't get them to compress enough to remove the passenger side driver. I called tech support and they couldn't help. How is the best way to cut the carrier?
how about taking the carrier out, the ring gear off and then the powertrax out?

I can't get the carrier out because I can't get the drivers side axle out. Can't get to the c-clip on that side. On the passenger side they have the slot in the driver to remove the clip but not on the drivers side.

bbell90xj said:
I can't get the carrier out because I can't get the drivers side axle out. Can't get to the c-clip on that side. On the passenger side they have the slot in the driver to remove the clip but not on the drivers side.
oops, my bad, I was thinking non c-clip.

Back