• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Order my lift, shocks, lockers and snorkel and have a question (still)

HotChiliRam

NAXJA Forum User
Well, as I said above, I already ordered:
4,5" Rubicon Express Super Flex Kit
Shocks for the Kit (Rubicon Express)
All Tie Rods and Tie Rod Ends
ARB Snorkel
4,56's Ring & Pinion
ARB Air Locker for the Front and Rear with compressor

Now, here's my question, my Jeep is a 1990 XJ Limited and I have 2 set of wheels, a set of 16x7 OEM XJ Classic and the 15x7 that came with my limited, in the Classic wheels I have a set of 245/70 - R16 MTR's that look good with the BB that I have now (They look a little narrow), and in the Limited wheels I have a set of 33" MTR's. I like the Classic wheels a lot more than the Limited ones. What do you guys suggest me to do, Use the Limited wheels with the 33" MTR's or use the Classic Wheels with some 285/70 or some 305/70? Or should I get rid of the Limited wheels and buy a set of aftermarket ones? Other thing is, should I go with 15" or 16" wheels?

What to do, What to do......................

the wheels and tires is all up to you...

personaly, i would run the biggest i had. I run the rims that i bought for 50.00.

hope you ordered a slip yoke eliminator and a new driveshaft

it's really not going to matter what wheel you use, 15 or 16 inch.

I've always used rockcrawler wheels, black, strong, fixable with a BFH, and cheap. by using after market wheels you're going to get away from that 5 1/2" back spacing (or whatever DC made them) to get better clearance and a wider stance. you could always use wheel spacers, but sh!t, have you priced them, you can buy the RC wheels for the same price.

if you're getting into any mud the MTR's will suck, cuz they suck in mud, they are good on the rocks tho. I personal fav is the bias TSL, those tires rock on the rocks and in the mud.

sounds like you're going to be in the mud cuz you spent a weeks take home on the snorkel.

HotChiliRam said:
Well, as I said above, I already ordered:
4,5" Rubicon Express Super Flex Kit
Shocks for the Kit (Rubicon Express)
All Tie Rods and Tie Rod Ends
ARB Snorkel
4,56's Ring & Pinion
ARB Air Locker for the Front and Rear with compressor

Now, here's my question, my Jeep is a 1990 XJ Limited and I have 2 set of wheels, a set of 16x7 OEM XJ Classic and the 15x7 that came with my limited, in the Classic wheels I have a set of 245/70 - R16 MTR's that look good with the BB that I have now (They look a little narrow), and in the Limited wheels I have a set of 33" MTR's. I like the Classic wheels a lot more than the Limited ones. What do you guys suggest me to do, Use the Limited wheels with the 33" MTR's or use the Classic Wheels with some 285/70 or some 305/70? Or should I get rid of the Limited wheels and buy a set of aftermarket ones? Other thing is, should I go with 15" or 16" wheels?

What to do, What to do......................

Buy aftermarket wheels with a proper offset, and run the 33" MT/R's. The stock wheels dont sit out far enough to get away with 33's without rubbing alot.

I'm going to use the MTR's cause I've had them in my Ram and they worked great for what I do, wich is more sand, rocks, ruts and sometimes mud. I know that in Mud they're not the best tire, but for the other stuffs they do work great.
I'm buying the snorkel because we ussually have deep water cros but not necesarlly (sp?) on muddy trails.
I was also thinking on buying a set of MOAB wheels, they are 16x8 and I also think that I shouldn't have the rubbing in the control arm issue. I'm trying to buy a set of 1" or 1.5" spacer to take care of that.
What you think?

HotChiliRam said:
I was also thinking on buying a set of MOAB wheels, they are 16x8 and I also think that I shouldn't have the rubbing in the control arm issue. I'm trying to buy a set of 1" or 1.5" spacer to take care of that.
What you think?
What axles are you running?

I have the OEM axles (D30 High Pinion Front and D35 Rear), but I want to buy a Super 35 Kit, but I'm not sure yet. If I don't buy the Super 35 I'm going to carry spare axles till I can afford a D44.

HotChiliRam said:
What you think?

if buying aftermarket wheels, then there are generaly many different backspacing choices, so order one with 1-1.5" LESS (numericaly) back spacing and save 300 on wheel spacers...

Back