• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling my Jeep

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
I neeed to pull my 1990 to a shop about 2 miles from my house, becuase I have gone as far mechanically as I can go in getting it started.

I don't have tow points on the front or back yet, as I haven't ordered the bumpers yet.

The only thing I can do is wrap a tow strap around the axle and pull it with my 1985, and have a buddy steer it to the shop.

Is this a bad idea? All the driving is in the city limits and I won't pull more than about 15 or 20 miles an hour TOPS!

Any other suggestions? I can't even start it to get it onto a trailer or tow dolly.

Thanks

My dad used to pull (my old S10) around town w/ his chevy truck, w/ a frame hook & nylon rope. NOT a great idea but never had any problems. We did this in the middle of the night because of the legalities involved. Probably wouldn't try it here now, things have changed a bit around here and police seem more numerous. Make sure youre friend pays attention to what hes doing and doesn't rear end you. 15 MPH tops, T-case in N.

Back