• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Duel Exhaust.. it's amazing!!!

ChandlerXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So today, I had a custom exhaust guy put on a new cat, a flowmaster 40 series delta flow, and make it a duel exhaust, having two pipes comming out the rear, it sounds amazing and looks so incredible... if i go with a 2''' bb will i have issues with this exhaust hitting the bumper or anything? i will have pics of my system soon...i bought the parts myslef wholesale and only cost me 375 for this madness, its amazing...

you'll probably hit the shackles if you go with an extended shackle BB. But that happens with a stock exhaust (as in mine) and can be fixed with a couple hose clamps goin from exhaust to trailer hitch or something else towards the middle of your XJ

ChandlerXJ said:
im confused aout what you mean...
D-U-E-L is a contest, often with firearms or swords, between two gentlemen to settle a disputed point of honor

D-U-A-L is two of something

So it's a single exhaust manifold, single downpipe, single cat and single muffler with two outputs? I hate to break it to you...you've got a single exhaust.

A dual exhaust would mean you have an exhaust manifold (or two) that lead separately into two cats, two mufflers, etc...

Gojeep said:
Mmmmm, but do I hear loss of low down torque coming on?

Who needs torque while cruising the mall? Bling is tha thing!

(Sorry, had to go there.)

Gojeep said:
Mmmmm, but do I hear loss of low down torque coming on?

Would he really lose any? He's not dual until after the muffler. No pics yet, but it sounds like it's just a Y pipe so the exit should still be 2.5 or something close to that. Unless he put a 40 made for a diesel on there.

Chandler,

All you had to say was dual TAILPIPES and you would have avoided the comments! lol funny how that works

And no, there wouldn't be any torque loss. Theres already enough back pressure with a manifold, small pipe to cat, and muffler.

That's amazing!!!

Back