• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d35 pinion seal

SKF 18444 -Here ya go right off Advances web site there chief.

A Dana 35 ain't worth wasting the money for a pinion seal on it! I replaced my leaking D35 pinion seal with a new Dana 44 pinion seal and complete housing and all.

XJAY1999 said:
A Dana 35 ain't worth wasting the money for a pinion seal on it! I replaced my leaking D35 pinion seal with a new Dana 44 pinion seal and complete housing and all.

hheheheh! lol at that

i just replaced mine but i think i ruined the axle...i replaced both ujoints on the rear shaft and am still stuck with some vibration i think is coming from the pinion. i didn't have an inch pound torque wrench to measure the load on the crush sleeve so i just did it by feel. i think it is too loose and there is play in the pinion. what would this feel like?

i should probably just get a D44...too bad there isn't a steady source of new ones. just have to keep my eye out for the 87s.

well geek, just follow the instructions and you shouldn't have recurring trouble like me. get that torque wrench if you don't have one.

Back