• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me identify a noise from my rear tire...

Jamieinnh

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I was at the storage place unloading some junk into it, and a heavy item was taken from my Jeep Cherokee, and the whole Jeep rocked side to side.

When it did, I heard a noise coming from my rear passenger tire. So I rocked the Jeep by hand again, and heard it again, and then I went down to the tire, and shook it side to side and heard the same noise, but have no clue what it is.

I checked all the lug nuts to make sure they are tight, because the sound, sounded like a tire that has a loose lug nuts.

I haven't taken it apart yet, I am doing that in the morning, but thought I would ask your opinion as to what it might be, then when I look at it in the morning I will kinda know what I am looking for. :)

Thanks for any help!

Jamie

Jamieinnh said:
OK, I was at the storage place unloading some junk into it, and a heavy item was taken from my Jeep Cherokee, and the whole Jeep rocked side to side.

When it did, I heard a noise coming from my rear passenger tire. So I rocked the Jeep by hand again, and heard it again, and then I went down to the tire, and shook it side to side and heard the same noise, but have no clue what it is.

I checked all the lug nuts to make sure they are tight, because the sound, sounded like a tire that has a loose lug nuts.

I haven't taken it apart yet, I am doing that in the morning, but thought I would ask your opinion as to what it might be, then when I look at it in the morning I will kinda know what I am looking for. :)

Thanks for any help!

Jamie

pop the tire off the offending side....and look at your brakes...

its a place to start...

Back