• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

porc hd SYE opinions?

XJhabitat

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got my rustys 3" springs in about a week ago an wasnt expecting the extra 2" in the back so it looks like im gonna be spending more then I had planned.. I took it wheelin this weekend with a tcase drop I didnt feel it bind at all but I dont wana keep worrying about it so I need some opinoins about this sye I read about on a thread a while back if anyones got it or kno what the deal is with it why its so cheap.. its the PORC HD 231 SYE kit.
heres a link
http://www.performanceoffroadcenter...d=153&osCsid=3a4fe4c4b52decd3f492b4849921cf80
Thanks

I put one in on Friday. With the exception of some goofup on my part (did not read the instructions) I was driving in less than 3 hours. An extra front drive shaft I had replaced the old rear drive shaft. Another member on this board recommended I speak with Alex. He was very helpful. Go with the PORC.

It's not really a PORC made part, just a rebranded JBconversions unit (If I remember correctly). They guys over there are really easy to work with and my overall shopping experiences with them have been excellent.

yea I was just kinda thrown off with the price I didnt kno if it was like one of those things you find on ebay.. thanks

Mine is working out fine-before
DSCF0309.jpg

after
DSCF0315.jpg

can't beat the price. In my case I only need one spare shaft, The front and rear driveshafts are the same length.

I have the PORC SYE...and no problems at all. According to Alex at PORC, it is virtually identical to the Advanced Adapters SYE.

i got one, it was at my door in 4 days, it's the same as the AA kit, i did it in about 5 hours, and that was with letting the RTV dry, tossed in a front drive shaft...DONE!!

it's worth every penny!!!

they have to be from an auto.
99greenjeeper said:
will any XJ front driveshaft work? Are they as heavy duty as aftermarket driveshafts?

It's been a couple years. How does everyone like the PORC kit now? My friend refuses to do a TC drop (not that that's a bad thing...just more $$) and has fantastic vibes from his ~3.5" lift. He also has two spare front driveshafts so the only cost would be the PORC kit. Will a front DS hold up to a 4.7L stroker?

Had mine for about 2 years now and no trouble at all.
I'd rather have the HD driveshaft of proper length, but that's not what you asked so;
depends on the condition of everything, for serious wheeling i'd say no. Granted anything can break including a HD shaft but your chances are alot less. $300 for a shaft is a good investment IMO. There are alot of guys running them though who haven't had a problem. -B

I have a porc sye and it works fine for the price. Also the stock shafts are not as HD as a aftermarket

I'm very happy with mine. Install was easy too, I did mine when I did the lift with the transfer in the Jeep. I had an issue with the output seal seeping, and I've read that other guys have had the same problem. I went to Napa and spent 12 bux on a CR18662 - if I remember correctly, and that fixed the seep. I'm using a front shaft for now. I got the SYE on sale for $162 and a very nice driveshaft at pick and pull for $25.

Transfer case split, getting ready to pull the shaft.
dscn3298.jpg

P.O.R.C. SYE installed with 4.0/auto XJ front shaft.
dscn3302.jpg

I have had mine for 2 years - no problems, no vibes at 70mph and i had a custom rear driveshaft made so it well balanced and a little beefier than stock

they seem like a pretty good unit. be thankful you dont have a 242 like some of us. we have to settle for a hack and tap. rememer too that the SYE is a unit designed to eliminate the vibrations caused by lifting your vehicle. it was not designed to make your driveline bullit proof. these XJ are amazing, but still a light duty vehicle. knowing that will help keep your XJ on the trails and not in the shop/driveway.

Wow sounds awesome...maybe I'll give it some thought although my TC drop and 2.5* shim has worked out well so far.

I have 2 XJ's with the AA unit and one with the PORC, I see no difference in the 2 except the install instructions are better detailed with the AA unit.

Works great!

Back