• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4340 Seals

Traverse

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing some Yukon 4340 shafts in my dana 30. I cant figure out what to do about outer seals as the stock ones will not fit. i think im just going to grind the stock plastic disk a little to fit over the new shafts. any other ideas are welcome.

Those plastic rings on the front shafts are worthless. Ditch em' unless u like the mud then get those fancy axle tube seals.

i wouldnt toss em. make em work. sure they dont do a lot, but they do keep some of the bigger debree from getting in

Traverse said:
I am installing some Yukon 4340 shafts in my dana 30. I cant figure out what to do about outer seals as the stock ones will not fit. i think im just going to grind the stock plastic disk a little to fit over the new shafts. any other ideas are welcome.

the axle seals on the d30 are at the carrier, not at the end of the axle tube... thoes plastic pieces are "large rock sheilds"

id put em on...

Back