• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I purchase a winshield washer pump?

mhead

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '92XJ I-6. I removed the winshield washer reservoir and broke one of the little pumps while trying to get the hose off. **&&***!! I suppose I can go to the local dealer and pay lots of $$. Is there an internet source for this type part?

Thanks
Mike

I had the rear window pump die on my XJ, I picked up a new one at a big box parts store. It was between $10 and $20 but don't recall exactly what I paid. Any parts store should be able to get you one and most should have it in stock.

I found using a deep socket to go over the strainer net did the trick. I had to remove the low level sensor to get to the deal pump. You may want to use a universal with the deep socket if your fill or sensor hole does not line up with the pump's attachement nut.

This is also a great time to clean out the inside of the tank. I did it to mine and when done it looked like a new tank. I did go buy a bottle brush to help me get the film off the walls.

It is a pretty easy job, just be patient when removing the filler mouth or leve sensor from the top, don't want to damage the tank.

Back