• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Undercarrige cameras?

xjkid99

NAXJA Forum User
What Im looking to do is place four small black and white cameras on the undercarrige of my jeep and tie them into my in dash monitor so I can spot myself from inside the cab. What Im looking for is a 12v quad, or a unit that will combine the camera signals and display all four feeds in a grid on the monitor. Standard A/C quads are readily availiable but Im trying to avoid having to use a power inverter. Just trying to see if anyone knows who makes a 12v version or any other ideas. Thanks

xjkid99 said:
What Im looking to do is place four small black and white cameras on the undercarrige of my jeep and tie them into my in dash monitor so I can spot myself from inside the cab. What Im looking for is a 12v quad, or a unit that will combine the camera signals and display all four feeds in a grid on the monitor. Standard A/C quads are readily availiable but Im trying to avoid having to use a power inverter. Just trying to see if anyone knows who makes a 12v version or any other ideas. Thanks

Call RV dealerships for info... the one I worked at sold them.
Billy

I would rather it all just was hard mounted to the electical system. Plus I never have good luck with inverters..to loud.

I ran the Rubicon with a guy who had a camera mounted undernearth his TJ on top of the t-case skid. The camera was encased in a small plexiglass box, and displayed the image on a monitor of the DVD player in his dash. The monitor could fold down and retract into the dash. It was pretty trick, however, every ten minutes he had to get out and wipe all the dust off of the outside of the plexiglass box. Seems that the box gathered even more dust than normal because of a small static charge that it would get every time he wiped it off.

I can't believe Terr(i) hasn't piped up on this one......... :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

PM MMIXJ, he has a camera in each front fender well and one in the tailgate.

check out those stores that cator to the private eye or nosey types. they should have some Very small cameras (hidden type) that should run on either battery or 12v. they should also have some small monitors. who knows maybe you could get a set of those disquise glasses with the fake nose and bushy eye brows. lol. sorry had to add that one in.
some companies (i forget which) offer a camera that can be mounted at the rear of a truck for seeing behind and also for backing up to a trailer, same concept but under the rig and the kit comes with everything you need. good luck.

I can't believe someone hasn't asked WHY? yet. It seems you guys have have seen them out there, but what will you spot?

If you haven't seen a potential problem before it's under your truck, then you've probably got a problem already.

I also find no reason to buy "eyes" when you can have a trusty friend look for free. I would trust a spotter 100 times more than a camera with only one view.

I like that you're thinking of newer ideas, but this is one I just don't like.

just my thoughts dicouraging this. _nicko_

I do know...I think it would be a good idea to have two cameras mounted above the t-case skid, one looking forward, toward the front diff, and one looking rear at the diff.

Spotters cant see EVERYTHING you know.

Back