• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Koni Shocks ?

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Do anyone have any experience with these shocks, how do they perform ? Do they make them with over 10" travel ? How are they valved ? Ive understood they are gas charged and adjustable ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
NXJ said:
Do anyone have any experience with these shocks, how do they perform ? Do they make them with over 10" travel ? How are they valved ? Ive understood they are gas charged and adjustable ?

Thanks.
I don't thing they make anything for non-stock use.

langer1 said:
I don't thing they make anything for non-stock use.

Too bad. Do you know how much travel the ones for Cherokee has ? Konis from what other vehicles would fit the stock mounts, I guess the upper mount is a tad rare ?

Any websites ?

NXJ said:
Too bad. Do you know how much travel the ones for Cherokee has ? Konis from what other vehicles would fit the stock mounts, I guess the upper mount is a tad rare ?

Any websites ?
I sure don't. They only list by Year/Model and at $212.00 a pair. Also state warrantee is void if not used in the correct vehicle. They will make you a custom set if you like.

langer1 said:
I sure don't. They only list by Year/Model and at $212.00 a pair. Also state warrantee is void if not used in the correct vehicle. They will make you a custom set if you like.

Hey, I get them for 1/4 of the dealerprice through a friend - so I dont have to deal with all that crap. I can pick whoever I like, I just have to find someone that fit, and have more travel. 10" or 12" maybe ? Is the quality of their products questionable ?

NXJ said:
Hey, I get them for 1/4 of the dealerprice through a friend - so I dont have to deal with all that crap. I can pick whoever I like, I just have to find someone that fit, and have more travel. 10" or 12" maybe ? Is the quality of their products questionable ?
Their products are great, so to make sure their reputation stays great, non-stock applications must go through their engineering department, there is no stock shock that will work with 10” of lift. I would say you will need at least 4 shocks per axle.
http://www.efkaimport.nl/home.html

Last edited:
langer1 said:
Their products are great, so to make sure their reputation stays great, non-stock applications must go through their engineering department, there is no stock shock that will work with 10” of lift. I would say you will need at least 4 shocks per axle.
http://www.efkaimport.nl/home.html

10" lift ? :wierd: I was thinking of travel, not lift ! Anyway, do they make long shocks that have the same mount found in the XJs. Especially in front, Im thinking the rear mounts easily can be modified ?

NXJ said:
I think Ill try this: www.koni-na.com, thanks for the help..
One thing I found that may help, there are adaptor mounts that allow you to use rear shockes that have a ring mount at the top. XJ shocks use a top stud mount thats not very popular.
Look up JKS Shock Conversion #9602 or 9601 at www.4wd.com That way you can use Chevy truck shocks

langer1 said:
One thing I found that may help, there are adaptor mounts that allow you to use rear shockes that have a ring mount at the top. XJ shocks use a top stud mount thats not very popular.
Look up JKS Shock Conversion #9602 or 9601 at www.4wd.com That way you can use Chevy truck shocks

Thanks, but that piece aint to difficuilt to fab up self. IIRC the rear shocks have standard bushings at both ends ?

Why not go with German made Bilstein shocks they are top line and have just what you want. Their 5100 series p/n BE5-6256-H5 is for 2-3” lift, BE5-6686-H5 is for 4” lift.

Their 5125 series P/N BE5-A46-HS is a 10.17” stroke spring over off road shock with loops both end.

langer1 said:
Why not go with German made Bilstein shocks they are top line and have just what you want. Their 5100 series p/n BE5-6256-H5 is for 2-3” lift, BE5-6686-H5 is for 4” lift.

Their 5125 series P/N BE5-A46-HS is a 10.17” stroke spring over off road shock with loops both end.

Actually I was going to pony up for some 7100s - but beacuse of some complications I must go with Konis instead. Dont ask. I can get the Konis for 1/4 of the dealerprice..

Back