• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window regulator question

KnowNothin

NAXJA Forum User
Alright one more question.

I need a new window regulator for my front passenger side window. How hard is this to install? Any special tools needed?

Thanks.

Yeah I took my door panel off and I did not see any rivets. Just some bolts holding the motor(?) to the door. The problem is, my cable that attaches to the pulley broke. Therefore I have to replace the whole assembly, but it really looks like a pain in the a@@! Oh well, I'll squeeze my hand in there somehow. Thanks for the info though.

I took the window out to get the regulator out of my 88. It was easy, had one bolt on the bottom of the window to hold it to the track. Made a little more room and I didn’t have to worry about the window while drilling or messing about when I went to put the regulator back in.
When you go to take the regulator out it sort of curls out through the opening in the door skin, sort of like pealing a shrimp.
Make sure you check to see if the track has enough grease in it, my regulators bound up from just not having anything to slide on and that broke them.

How do you get the door panel off? I dont want to break anything. I have never took off the panel before. I know I sound stupid but money is tight and it's hard to find stuff in AK.

Back