• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center cosole swap

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, just got done switching my console for one from '97+, went in with only one small problem. The rear mount for the console is plastic, very easily broken and was allready broken in the donor. Me being me, I made extention pieces from the original rear mount up to the new console. I also am currently modding the tranny bezel to accept the boot for my MANUAL tranny using the shifter boot and a Dremel tool. As for the gap up by the dashboard, I am thinking that maybe I can make a plate to hold all of my switches for all of my goodies that I have installed. ( I REALLY need to get a digital camera and start posting pix, since this MJ has quite a bit going on with it., and I have had it less than a month.) This is a real easy upgrade if you like the styling of the newer XJ's. I forget who, but someone on here did this within the last week and that got me kinda decided to do it. Ren

Last edited:
very cool, this something id like to do in my 92. One question how did you make all the linkage work ( transfer case, ebrake). Thanks, and pictures if possible would be really cool.

scott

Go to the OEM forums, and look for the '96 to '97+ console swap by CollinM. He has a lot of pix, and a good write-up, he even comments on the E-brake issue. I just went back and looked myself, because I couldn't remember who had done it, and I like to give credit where credit is do. Ren

Back