• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window: I have read all threads.

katarn444

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 and having problems with the driverside power window. I have tried the cut the purple wire and hook straight to battery trick without success.

The motor is getting 12v right at the connector and I hear a click but it does not move up or down. When I hook the motor up directly to a battery sometimes it moves sometimes it does not. Right now I have the entire regulator out of the door and sitting on the bench.

In many other threads people have said that you can open up the motor and re-solder the wires on that come loose and can lube up the innards, but I can not figure out how to open the motor up. It feels like I am breaking it. Any advice? When the motor actually works it sounds great and strong, that is why I do not just replace it. What type of oil or lube should I put on the regulator?

I can post pictures if that would help.

Thanks
Katarn

Quick update:

I pulled the two pins out of the motor but I still cannot pull the case off the motor. I lubed it up and it will only stop working when it is all the way at the top of the "rail". I have to hit the worm drive lightly to get it working again. The rail and spring that are in the rail seem to be in good condition. To open the worm drive do I have to push the three big pins out of the housing?

Katarn

Back