• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers, signals, A/C, radio ect not working

iiideuces

NAXJA Forum User
On my '89 pioneer 4.0 The wipers, singals, A/C, radio, rear wiper, rear defrost, and horn have all stopped working at the same time. Checked all the fuses, all in good shape. Any Ideas?

Ok, I have it figured to be the ignition switch. After jiggling and moving the ignition switch things all began to work again. My new question is: How difficult is it to replace the ignition switch and what perhaps special tools are needed? Thanks in advance.

iiideuces said:
Ok, I have it figured to be the ignition switch. After jiggling and moving the ignition switch things all began to work again. My new question is: How difficult is it to replace the ignition switch and what perhaps special tools are needed? Thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure if you need any special tools for replacing it. I would be carefull though because I just had some trouble with my ignition switch, what happened is the wire that supplys powwer to horn, wipers, etc... was over heating and melted the blue plug to the point that id didt work anymore. I dont know why this is happening but its dangerous and I'm still trying to figure out why. I'll let you know when I do.

Johan

Jeeper said:
I'm not quite sure if you need any special tools for replacing it. I would be carefull though because I just had some trouble with my ignition switch, what happened is the wire that supplys powwer to horn, wipers, etc... was over heating and melted the blue plug to the point that id didt work anymore. I dont know why this is happening but its dangerous and I'm still trying to figure out why. I'll let you know when I do.

Johan
The switch wears out and the contacts get hot, switches are $15.00 you can cut the plug out of a junker.

Back